Schools, retail centers and other commercial properties can be bustling centers of activity, which is why builders install floors that can stand up to heavy foot traffic. A worn floor could give visitors a negative first impression, as it can make your facility look run down. One of the most popular choices for hospitals and other public buildings is vinyl composite tile flooring, otherwise known as VCT. If you’re considering using this material in your building, here’s a brief overview.
There are many benefits to VCT flooring, and durability is chief among them. Manufacturers create these tough tiles by forcing chips of polyvinyl chloride together with heat and pressure. Inorganic materials are less susceptible to breakdown, which means you can expect to get as much as 20 years out of your floors. Aside from toughness, this product delivers a host of other advantages:
- A wide range of colors and patterns
- Resistance to fading from ultraviolet light
- Reasonably priced when compared to other materials
- Insulating qualities absorb sounds from footsteps
- Extra traction, even when wet
- Doesn’t expand when exposed to water
- Easy to clean
While vinyl has plenty of benefits as a commercial flooring product, it’s not ideal for every application. Before you commit to this component for your facility, it helps to familiarize yourself with some of the drawbacks:
- Dulling can occur with significant climate changes
- The subflooring must be in good shape to keep surfaces even
- Adhesives make the tiles difficult to remove if you want a change
- Installation must be done perfectly to prevent brittles and other premature wear
If you have any concerns about the suitability of this material for your building, don’t hesitate to ask a member of our staff for a recommendation. Our project managers have experience working with VCT and other products, and we’ll be more than happy to help you find the commercial flooring solution to meet your needs.
The Perfect Flooring for Your Building
When it’s time to install new floors in your commercial facility, turn to Greenfield Flooring for a wide selection of products to meet your stylistic and budgetary sensibilities. You have a lot invested in your business, so don’t let inferior materials give your headquarters an outdated appearance. We can help you with every aspect of your project from bidding to project management and installation. To schedule an appointment with a member of our staff, contact us online or call 585-444-0105 today.